Future Topics

On the Left side panel about midway down is a list of suggested topics given by members. I was going to verify participation and then post the future topics (top of side panel) for November. But if No ONE minds, I would like to shake up the order a bit. We (in the USA) have Thanksgiving and (World Wide) Christmas coming up. I thought that for the next few weeks we can really focus on topics that can showcase our town's (i.e. park landscapes, premier attactions) then during the week of Thanksgiving bring forward a more FAMILY oriented topic, and during Christmas easy to show Christmas ones (the best store window, or the best decoration on your street?). Kim's Angels would be a good Christmas topic don't you think? Kim if you don't mind being moved down the list a bit I will do this. I will give you all 2 DAYS to give suggestions / comments / objections? Then I will make an executive decision about our next couple of months....


Cathedral, Gramado, Brasil
Christmas 2007
GingerV
gingerv@gigalink.com.br if you want to send a personl message.

Comments

  1. Your wish is my command! Thanks for all you do, Ginger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is park lanscapes still the theme for next Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes sir, the only change my be in the open topic for the first week of November - I'll give plenty of notice for changes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an excellent idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shaking up the topics is fine with me. I do like consecutive topics to be really different, though. Silhouettes and Sunset gave us many of the same things, and it's more fun (for me, at least) to change.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NanU, yes seems like some other groupings were also the same. and some topics lend themselves to personal entries versus TOWN entries, this week's classics became memories and (don't think I am complaining because this weeks blogs have been excellent) but some times as the suggestions are used, it is hard to tell in advance how they will come accross with each member's thinking. I am definitly learning as I go here, that is why all your input is important.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Put my vote in the Do It pile. I think it's a great idea. Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it is a great idea to match up topics by time of year--sounds logical to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your ideas...I love the topic list since it sometimes takes me driving by something for weeks before I realize it would fit the shoot-out. I can be quite dense. Or distracted...maybe that is a better word!
    Thanks, administrators, for the work you do. I have a hard time getting my one post a week up so I appreciate your time & effort. This is such a fun/educational blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I appreciate your creative ideas. Keeps everything fresh. I like your theme idea. That is what we do with the newspaper. For features, we keep in theme with holidays, weather, harvest seasons, etc.

    As you can tell, I have been too busy to keep up with the Friday shootouts. But I like to see it continue. Everyone is doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that's a great idea! There are some really pretty things in Kansas City that go up for Christmas that I'd love to show off :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Thanksgiving and Christmas themes would be fun :) Maybe one week do a Christmas in My Town.

    Kate, thank you for mentioning KC. I must remember to go there this holiday season!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so exciting GingerV. Great idea indeed! And I love the cathedral photo. I will send photos of my city.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think, in the comments below: