"In The Limelight"

Redlan has agreed to be our guest for this month's "In The Limelight". You can find his spot in the world at Redlan Web of Arts.



Photography

When did the photo bug bite you?
-Since I was a kid, I really like looking at the photos that every time I visits the someone's house I scan the photo albums.  Photos remind me of special people, memorable moments and beautiful places.


What was your first camera and what do you use now?
-I had an analog filmed Kodak camera when I was 8 years old given by my sister.  I only have Canon digital camera at present time.


Have you ever taken any photography courses?
-How I wish I've taken a photography lesson.  I am that kinda busy working 6 days a week and still working at home in Sundays.  I know everyone can take photos but it's really better to learn the how's and what's the best in capturing something as a photo subject.  For now, I am just learning photography by photo sharing and photography ideas from other online photographers.


What inspires you to turn on the camera, the gotta have it shot?
-I inspired to take photos of cute little creatures, admirable people and beautiful views around me.  You can't replay anything visible to the naked eyes; you can't go back and take a shot for the second time around.  I also inspired of others' beautiful captured photos posted online.


What is on your equipment wish list?
Maybe DSLR of any brand.


Have you missed an awesome shot because you didn’t have your camera with you?
-On May 15, 2010, I noticed Venus appeared so close to the moon. It was mistaken as being inside  the crescent moon.  I was out and too bad I was not able to bring my cam with me.  My best friend even texted me asking if I saw the beautiful moment in the sky.
 
 "the  photo of the real view captured by my friend."

     

Blogging


Blogging since ……
-I am blogging since May 30, 2007.


Why  did you start blogging?
-I was a follower of a vegan Prince's blog.  And he encouraged me to blog too.  It's sad that he stopped blogging already.


Is there a story  behind the name of your blog?
-My favorite color is red.  And I coined it with Lan to come up a codename.  Redlan-that's my virtual name.  I am into arts and I want to share it on the web.  REDLAN'S WEB OF ARTS that is.




What does  blogging mean to you now?
-Blogging really means to me.  It's like my personal journal. I can write everything on it.  Moreover, I found virtual but real friends.


What advice would  you give to a new blogger?
-Be yourself.  Most of the readers love to read personal posts.  Avoid blogging about negative things unless it turned positive or there's a lesson to learn from it.  Personally, I love to be inspired reading blogs.


Do you have a  favorite time of the day to write posts?
-I am a night owl blogger.  I like to write a post when no one is disturbing me, no sound disturbance.  Most of the time, I write the post in rough drop before typing it.  I prefer doing it coz there will be no time in thinking and pausing while typing a blog post.


Have  you set any goal about your blog? Anything you want to achieve with it?
-I don't have goals in blogging now.  All I want is to share my personal experiences and the things I learned and at the same time learning from others' blogs too.  And I already achieved to have a domain name and that is REDLAN'S BOOK OF LIFE.


Personal


If  you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
-First, I want to explore the whole 7,107 islands of my country.  For the record, I only visited the neighboring islands around my city.  Of course I want to go around the globe.  I would love to visit the cleanest country in Asia which is the country of Jama.  The greenest NZ where Ann and Pauline live.  The historical countries in Europe.  GingerV always entice me to visit Brazil.  And honestly I wish to come in the USA.  It's my ultimate dream since I was a kid.  :-)


What  would you like to teach others?
-I am usually a follower and a learner.  I prefer not to teach but to share.


Which  adjectives best describe you?
Loyal.  I am loyal in everything including friends and when it comes to foods and clothes.  It is hard for me to trust new friends and to try new things.  But I am open to changes.


What is  happiness to you?
-Happiness to me is when the people especially those who are important to me at their best.


What are your basic stats  that you would like to share?
- I am a pure Filipino and I am gay.


Besides  blogging or photography, what is your favorite thing to do?
-I love to do crafts and I like the beach!


Favorite saying or quotation:  (or any comment you would like to make)
-"Experience is the best teacher."
-It's the best experience for me to part of the FSO group and be interviewed.  I really like to join the photo theme every week but sometimes am kinda busy at work.  With photo challenges, I learned to appreciate the nature fully and to show my own city as well.

FSO is not just a photo-sharing.  It's actually builds nations and friendship  We communicate and interact each other..  I wanna thank the founder Patty and Shabby Girl who are the founder of this group.  The administrators namely:  GingerV, ChefE, Gordon, Jen, Sarah, Doreen and the rest of the members.

Thank you guys and Mabuhay from the Philippines!


(Redlan sent me the photos with his interview)

Comments

  1. Redlan has always been one of my favorite FSO members, is great to get a more personal glimpse. Thank you RED LAN for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent interview Redlan. I am so glad you included a picture of yourself. I like that you are such a spiritual and caring human being.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for telling me abut this. It is a super interview. Redlan has been with the group for quite a while. He manages to post a lot of photos, even as busy as he is, which shows his passion for his work.

    Vegan? Are you a vegan, Redlan? Other than seafood, I have had no meat or dairy products for 30 years.

    Great job, Redlan and FSO admins. I love the new look/feel of the FSO page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your interview Redlan! great answers and nice getting to know you better.

    two of the questions you gave me I asked the next guest interview and she has already sent me her interview. ready for August 11th!!

    hhhhmmmmmm.... wonder who it is??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview, REDLAN. And so nice to know more about you! I look forward to seeing what your topic brings out this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wonderful interview hon!! I always love your posts..always fun and creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GingerV: You are one of my inspirations. It's always my pleasure!

    Jarielyn: Thanks to you. You are so sweet ever.

    Patty: I am so glad you welcomed me here and even I have much free time blogging, I see to it to post and join the theme not every week though. And I'm glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doreen: It's really my pleasure to sit on the spotlight. Thank you so much for the great invitation to be interviewed. You have additional great idea, you know.

    Pauline: I liked your interview so much. Thanks

    Sarah: Thanks. You have great photos as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks Redlan. I am glad FMTSO is having fun with "In The Limelight".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think, in the comments below: