In The Limelight

Our guest interview for April is JarieLyn. You can visit her at Write Place! Write Chick!
 
 

(I just came back from Vegas and while there met JarieLyn and Gayla. Two very nice people and so glad I met them. this is a pic I took of her at Red Rock Canyon.)

 

In The Limelight 
 
Photography

When did the photo bug bite you?
 
I remember being in Jr. High and bringing my camera to school with me to take pictures of all of my friends.  I took a photography class in the 8th grade but I don't recall finishing the class.  I'm not sure what happened. 


What was your first camera and what do you use now?
 
I don't recall my first camera.  It was probably a kodak camera that held 110 film.  My first REAL camera was an Olympus 35mm.  My husband bought it for me before we were married and then I graduated to a Nikon 35 mm camera with a zoom lens and I absolutely loved that camera and did not care to get a digital until my husband talked me into it.  When DSLR's came out I didn't want one of those either because I was perfectly happy with my little point and shoot and my Nikon 35 mm.  But I finally relented and let my husband get me the Nikon D90 for my birthday in 2009 and I haven't looked back since.  I just don't know why it took me so long to progress to that level.  


What is on your equipment wish list?
 
I don't think this page is long enough, haha.  I'd like to get a speed light and some strobes and just about every lens you can think of.


What are your favorite subjects to photograph?
 
I will photograph just about anything.  Some people really have an eye for landscape, nature and wildlife photography, and that's not me.  I can look at a scenery and think it's really beautiful but not quite capture the image through my lens.  I prefer to photograph interesting buildings, old rusty things, pets and people.  I like still life and I like getting close up shots of things I see. 



What aspect of your photography are you working on? Trying to improve?
 
Everything.  There's always room for improvement and I'm always learning new things.  I consider myself a beginner still because there is so much for me to learn.


Blogging

Blogging since ……
 
July 7, 2009


Is there a story behind the name of your blog?
 
I orginally started out with the name Blog Trove.  You can read about that here http://jarielyn.blogspot.com/2009/07/my-first-blog.html.
But that name was really atrocious and it just didn't fit my personality.  I consider myself a writer more than a photographer which is the reason I began the blog in the first place so Write Place is the place where I write and I'm a female so I came up with Write Chick.  Write Place Write Chick.  It's not the best name in the world and it was kind of settling but after some research it was AVAILABLE.



What does blogging mean to you now?
 
It means so much more to me now than when I started writing.  I have ventured into photography as a passion and the blogging community is so supportive and I really feel connected to my fellow bloggers.  It's really strange how comforting it is to come to blogland and feel a kinship with so many people that I don't even know.  The blogland community gives me so much inspiration, motivation, encouragement and friendship.  Blogging and connecting with other bloggers is something I really cherish and value.  I am learning more about myself every day through this community and I am also becoming a more compassionate and caring person because of all the wonderful people I come across in blogland.



Do you have a favorite time of the day to write posts?
 
I'm a night owl so that is my preferred time to write, however, I don't always get that luxury so I would say early in the morning between 5:00 am and 7:00 am.



Have you set any goal about your blog? Anything you want to achieve with it?
 
I really want to get back to writing more, at least write as equally as I post pictures and  I'd like to be more consistent with my posting.



What are you favorite places to visit on the web that aren’t blogs?
 
I visit lots of astrology web sites.  I read about twenty different Virgo horoscopes daily.
Smithmag.net (Six Word Memoirs)
48days.com
Ebay
This is really lame but I am addicted to reading Craigs List Missed Connections even though I get aggravated at the stupidity of the posters.
You Tube
Mytotalmoneymakeover.com
Photography web sites
Fotoblur.com
 



Guest Interview Questions
 
From Elaine Dale
Who has influenced you the most in your life?
 
I would have to say my grandparents.  They taught me what it's like to have a generous heart and to be kind to all people.  They've been gone for so long now but I still look to them for guidance when I feel off track.


From Lena
 
If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
 
Writing love letters.  That would be my perfect job and/or just driving around all day.  I don't aspire to much. Haha.
 
 
Personal

Which adjectives best describe you?
 
I always think of myself as quiet and reserved with a wild streak.
 



How has your life been different than what you'd imagined?
 
It is so much better than I imagined.  I am very fortunate to have a wonderful husband who is supportive in all of my entrepreunerial ventures.  Sometimes though, I feel like my happy face masks a tormented soul who is still searching for something.  But even with that I am SO grateful for the life I live.
 


Do you have any special talents; such as singing, dancing, playing a musical instrument? 
 
I can't carry a tune at all so Karaoke is out.  Dancing is my biggest passion in life, more than photography.  It is my true self expression other than my journal writing.
I used to take piano lessons when I was five and eight but I can really only play parts of songs.  So no, I really don't play any musical instruments.
I write poetry occasionally and I think I'm pretty good at that.
 

 
What are your basic stats that you would like to share?
I'm a VIRGO
I'm 46 Yrs. Old
Married 16 Years
 
  I have very strong intuition. I believe in reincarnation and psychic ability.
 
 
 
If you could interview anyone from your life living or dead, but not a celebrity, who would it be and why?
 
Both of my grandparents so that I could get a sense of who they were growing up and where they came from.  I would like to know what their happiest memories were as individuals.
 

 

 
 
Favorite saying or quotation: (or any comment you would like to make)
 
Of all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these: "It might have been."
John Greenleaf Whittier
 
The borrower is slave to the lender:  Dave Ramsey
 
 
Thank you JarieLyn for an awesome interview!!

Comments

  1. Fab interview, JarieLyn. You shine through so strongly in everything you say and do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview. I really enjoy finding out more about people in the shootout. Interesting that you mention writing more. I always thought of myself as writer first, photographer second -- but photography often seems to sneak in ahead of writing. Maybe because there is faster easier payback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wonderful!!! So fun that you met her in person! I loved the interview! I always find it interesting to see why folks started taking photos..and why they blog!
    JarieLyn..I would interview my grandparents too!!
    Wonderful interview hon, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. how great that intuitively I have liked you 'personally', have been lucky to have a few private communications - and you are wrong - Write place Write Chick is a perfect title for you blog. Good to get more details, rounding out my already positive picture of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed learning more about Jarielyn. I am a big fan of her blog and photography!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe... Wonderful interview, JarieLyn!! You are one of my favorite bloggers and photographers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. JarieLyn your an awesome person to know. I truly value are friendship. It's wonderful to read someones feeling about them selfs when you actually know them because you get a different insight about what there feeling on the inside. I am so grateful you brought my into the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think, in the comments below: