Redesign, Updates and News

As you will undoubtedly notice, the look of the blog has been updated. You will notice some changes (all I hope for the better), but most of it has remained untouched. Some tweaks have yet to be made, but I want to talk about the changes that have happened so far.


1. The Template has been changed. This was something that we all agreed upon needed changing. The new template is much more simplistic and minimalistic, and really leaves the images to pop out.

2. The Reply Function. The old template didn't have the 'reply' feature in the comments. Now comments can easily be made. No pop-out windows, just type your comment directly into the box below or click 'Reply' to directly answer to the previous commentator.

3. New Banner, Logo, Fonts and Sharing options. We wanted the logo to really stand out, and give the blog a recognizable feature. Also the Font has been changed, and will reflect the new stylized design. Big change: you can now share each post on your Facebook Profile, Own Blog, Twitter, Google+ or through E-mail!

4. Sidebar has been updated. The sidebar had some older information in it. That has now been changed and I also added two new themes for January 10th and 17th. So we are good for a while. But please let us know if you have any suggestions for themes. We are always on the lookout for more.

5. Tweaks to come... Not all of the work has been done. In fact the most important work is still upon us: Spread the word. If you like you can use the little banner below and download it to your PC and then post it on your blog. Or, write a post telling people a little bit about the blog and what we do.


That's it for now. Tell us in the comments below what you think of the new design, and if you have any suggestions for future themes and blog updates. I want to say thanks to GinnerV, Pauline and Peggy, for having faith and confidence in me that I could pull this off. I hope I didn't disappoint you.

Comments

  1. Good Job Mersad. Seems like you were up all night working on this ... our times being so different. The side bar looks great. Header / logo is wonderful. I have saved the new link so I can put it on the Thursday link-up post. If anyone has a suggestion for a new link-up service, leave a note. Mersad do you want to be in the Spotlight rotation or just continue with tutorials and other notes of mention?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to do the spotlights, but until I have made all the changes that need to be made, I would like not to be included for now, just so I don't have another obligation. Once everything is up and running smoothly, I would be happy to join in. I hope that's ok for everybody.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the brilliant work here, Mersad. It looks terrific. Our faith in you was well placed.
      Can I put you down to take my turn at the Spotlights on 24 January as I will be abroad?
      Thanks for all your work co-ordinating all this, Ginger. You make a great team captain!!

      Delete
    3. Per Camilo, "... the best team captain is the one who let's those that do best, do!" Pauline will you post while in Brasil.... What dates will you be there? If you'll be in rio, I'll give you the name & address of my favorite restaurant.
      Mersad, I read up on the other link-up. They are not better so I am going to just upgrade so we have a better service. In one year we'll worry about the next year.

      Delete
    4. Ginger, I arrive in Rio on 7 January and depart from Sao Paulo on 30th. Would love the name of your favourite restaurant - my son will be impressed if I tell him where I'd like to eat!

      Delete
    5. Pauline, it's no problem. I 'll take over on January 24 for you!

      Delete
  2. I love the new look. It is so fresh and inviting. The logo is awesome and the sidebar looks great too. Thanks, Mersad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Glad you like it. If you want, join us this Friday and link up and share the good news :)

      Delete
  3. As I said before Mersad I know you know your stuff. an American expression. Meaning you are good at this. I think things look good. I am going to do a blog asking all other interested parties to take a look. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The clean template is long overdue. The photos look much better this way. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm liking what I see so far. A good job well done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think, in the comments below: